Ohlone Community College Career Center (SBDC Program Host)
Dear Partners, SBDC Business Advisors, SBDC Clients, and the Community:
In compliance with the Higher Education Guidance on Novel Coronavirus or COVID-19 by the California Department of Public Health, Ohlone Community College District has entered Scenario II: Measures to be taken if there are two or more community transmission cases of COVID-19.
At this time, the Career Center and Small Business Development Center (SBDC) are open for services with the following caveats in alignment with the California Dept of Public Health recommendations:
- Group activities will be canceled or will be offered online via Zoom or Skype.
- 1:1 appointments will be accommodated at our office and off-site locations.
- Employer recruiting events will be rescheduled until further notice.
- Virtual meetings will be encouraged.
- Visitors to on-campus and off-campus appointments will be minimized to those without "...symptoms of fever and/or respiratory infection or who have a travel history over the course of the last 14 days to an area identified by the CDC as Level 3 Travel Health Notice."
Areas identified as a Level 3 Travel Health Notice by the CDC include China, Iran, Italy, & South Korea.
Developments on this topic are occurring daily. We will keep you posted on any potential service disruptions. We plan on implementing these shifts tomorrow, March 13th.
Thank you for your understanding and support.
Daniel Newell, MPA
Director, Ohlone College
Tri-Cities Career Center
Small Business Development Center (SBDC)