This page provides information on doing business in Alameda County, California. Please see Starting a Business in Alameda County for a guide produced by the Alameda County Library and the Alameda County Community Development Agency.
The following information is only intended to assist small businesses in accessing publicly available information on the regulation and licensing of small businesses in Alameda County. For an official interpretation of legal and tax regulations regarding your business at your location, we encourage you to consult with a state licensed attorney and a certified public accountant.
- Fictitious Business Name Filing
- Employee Identification Number
- State Licenses and Permits, General Information
- Zoning and Building Codes and Ordinances
- Other Resources
- Municipal Business Licenses and Permit Contacts in Alameda County
- Individuals wishing to start a business should attend the Starting a Business Seminar or a Legal Issues Seminar - check our Calendar for upcoming dates.
- The state run CalGold Website is an excellent starting point for information on business licensing, permits, and regulation.
- For more specific questions regarding licenses or permits please call the Alameda County SBDC at 510-516-4118